I had to read a lot of books for my undergrad. I fell in love with some of my course books (like The Book Thief), some were an absolute nightmare to get through (like Beowulf), and some books I just couldn’t get into or couldn’t finish in time (mostly classics).
I borrowed a lot of books from the library but these are the unread uni books that I own:
– Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
– Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
– Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift
– Seven Little Australians by Ethel Turner
– Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut
It’s not that I don’t like reading classics; I just can’t read them in a strict time frame. Not having read them didn’t stop me from analysing the books and somehow getting good grades on my assignments. If there’s one thing you learn in university, it’s how to do some quality bullshitting to meet a word count.
All of these books are in my book jar to be read soon.