I was nominated for this award by The Anon, who is lovely. Go check out her blog!
Rules of this award
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their site
2. Post the awards logo on your blog
3. Answer the 10 questions you’ve been set
4. Nominate 10 bloggers
5. Set 10 new questions for your nominees
10 questions set by The Anon
1. What makes you happy?
Really little things make me happy. Being able to stay in bed long enough so that my cat can have cuddles and not get angry at me for getting ready for work, doing well at my job on any given day, exercise that gives you that all-over sore-in-a-good-way feeling, days where I have enough time to do nothing but read, and seeing my family happy.
2. Why do you blog?
Mostly because it means that I’m writing all the time. I never used to do enough writing. And I think a small part of it is because, even though I graduated uni over a year ago, I kind of miss having a schedule with deadlines and constant projects.
3. Coke or Pepsi? (Choose Coke, Pepsi tastes like poop.)
Coke if I really have to choose. But I gave up soft drink as a New Year’s resolution a few years ago and being away from it doesn’t bother me at all now. I drank some lemonade a few weeks ago to try and mask the taste of some gross medicine but I couldn’t even handle half a can and ended up passing it off to my brother.
4. Favourite go-to fast food restaurant. (Starbucks isn’t fast food by the way.)
I’ve been having a bunch of issues with food intolerances lately so I haven’t really been able to eat much fast food. I had some Oporto grilled chicken and Salsas chips the other week, though, and that was good. I wish those places had drive-throughs so I could get some of those Salsas chips more often.
5. If you could experience one day of fame, would you do it?
Yeah, I think so. Good fame, though. Not like, ‘You were somehow framed for a mass murder and everyone in the world hates you.’ If it were one day of fame that came from my talent or from something good that I’d done, that would be nice.
6. What TV shows do you currently watch?
Teen Wolf and Doctor Who. While I’ve been doing my Teen Wolf recaps, I haven’t had much time to watch much else. Now that the recaps are almost done, I’m excited to binge-watch The White Queen, season 2 of Orphan Black, and a bunch of other things people have recommended to me.
7. What’s the reason for/the story behind your blog name?
Commas and Ampersands is from a song that I really like by Mike Doughty called I Hear the Bells. The line is:
I hear the bells, they are like emeralds, and
Glints in the night, commas and ampersands.
8. What’s one thing you would change if you could go back in time?
Watching Doctor Who has made me really wary about changing time, even small things. I think maybe I would go back and leave a note for myself that says not to worry about certain things in the future.
9. If you could wish for anything, what would it be? (You can’t wish for infinite wishes, greedy kids.)
I’d wish for time, unswerving inspiration and dedication, and enough money to keep me going for as long as it takes to finish my first novel.
10. Which one is better: having the ability to become invisible or to be able to fly?
Flying! I don’t have anything I need to be invisible for but flying would be amazing.
7. Reisa Reads
10 questions for you guys
1. What book or TV show have you expected to like and ended up hating or vice versa?
2. Tell me about a character that’s taken you by surprise for a good or bad reason.
3. If your home/school/work were suddenly attacked by zombies, what would your escape/survival plan be?
4. If you could easily master any skill, what would it be and why?
5. Do you have any superstitions?
6. What have you read/watched/done recently that you’re excited to share with everyone?
7. What’s one place you’ve read/heard about that you would like to visit, mythical or otherwise?
8. Tell me about something you’re looking forward to in the next year.
9. If you didn’t have a blog, how would you be spending your time right now?
10. What’s a blogging milestone or experience that made you really happy?
Happy blogging, guys! Looking forward to seeing your answers!