One year ago, I started my book jar project. I had about 80 unread books that I wanted to get through. I read 12, bought 40, and … I don’t know. I didn’t really keep track properly. But six months ago my count was apparently at 109.
‘Sarah, that’s still an increase,’ I hear you say.
‘Shut up,’ I say, because 23 of the last 26 books that I’ve read have been from my book jar.
YEAH. TAKE THAT.
So far 2015 has been a pretty good year for me reading-wise. It’s my goal to read 60 books in 2015, and somehow I’ve managed to read 25 by the end of February. I have also RESISTED THE URGE TO BUY MORE BOOKS. Mostly.
So the full list of book jar reads from the last six months comes to:
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Bunheads by Sophie Flack
- Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts
- The Wind Singer by William Nicholson
- Slaves of the Mastery by William Nicholson
- Firesong by William Nicholson
- The Nanny Diaries by Nicola Kraus and Emma McLaughlin
- Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding
- Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- Forrest Gump by Winston Groom
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- Ferren and the Angel by Richard Harland
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
- Changeling by Philippa Gregory
- Mister Monday by Garth Nix
- Grim Tuesday by Garth Nix
- Drowned Wednesday by Garth Nix
- Sir Thursday by Garth Nix
- Lady Friday by Garth Nix
- Superior Saturday by Garth Nix
- Lord Sunday by Garth Nix
Hopefully I will continue to power through this year, refrain from buying too many books, and conquer the book jar once and for all! But that is a mammoth effort so let’s not set that in stone. Until my next book jar check-in, you can see what books I’ve been reading here.