This is a very special month for me: March 2017 marks one year since I hosted my first ever photo challenge. And to celebrate, I’m hosting a giveaway on Instagram!
How does it work? Well, all you have to do is participate in #AmpersandMarch17 as often as you want. You can only post one photo for each prompt but each photo you post with the hashtag and the relevant prompt (including reposting the challenge tile pictured above) will count as an entry.
So if you participate for all 31 days, you get 31 entries. If you participate for five days, you get five entries. Make sense? At the end of the month, I’ll draw a winner at random and contact them via direct message on Instagram.
Please make sure you include the relevant prompt (e.g. Ginger, World, Inception) as well to ensure that your entry is counted. This way I’ll be able to differentiate between true entries and giveaway accounts using the hashtag on every photo they post.
Want to know more about the challenge prompts? Everything is explained here. Just remember, these explanations are for inspiration or guidance. You can interpret any of the prompts however you choose.
- Ginger: It’s Ron Weasley’s birthday! To celebrate, you can post a picture relating to this glorious ginger character or any other literary redhead you enjoy, etc.
- World: It’s World Book Day! And the 20th World Book Day at that. Share your love of reading with others by donating books.
- Inception: A photo within a photo within a photo, or a book that made your head spin.
- Jewel: The jewel of your collection, or some actual jewels if you’re fancy like that.
- Size: Big, small or both, show off some of the extremes from your collection.
- Rainbow: Bring your feed to life with some beautiful rainbow colours.
- Drop: We’ve all accidentally dropped one of our babies and done some damage. Post a photo of the damage, or talk about a book you’ve had to stop reading.
- Women: It’s International Women’s Day! Share some of your favourite female authors and characters.
- Build: You can get literal with some kind of book sculpture or talk about world-building.
- Word: Your favourite word.
- Destination: Take your book on a trip into the wild. Or, like, down the street.
- Socks: It’s Sock Sunday! Post a photo with a book and your favourite socks.
- Recipe: COOK ME SOMETHING. Just kidding. Cook yourself something, or talk about the recipe for your perfect book.
- Circle: Celebrate Pi Day with a bookish circle.
- C: Authors or books beginning with the letter C.
- Spill: Spill all your secrets or spill something else. Just put a towel down first.
- Green: Celebrate St Patrick’s Day with some lovely green books.
- Petal: Beauty and the Beast was released in cinemas yesterday! (For some places, at least.) Get creative with some flowers.
- Shelfie: For Shelfie Sunday, post a picture of your shelves or wherever you keep your books.
- Storyteller: For World Storytelling Day, focus on the art of oral storytelling with audiobooks or a book you love to read out loud.
- Tea: Drink up! Enjoy a cup of tea with your book.
- Symmetry: Cover designs or series with extremely satisfying symmetry.
- Puzzle: A mystery that took you a while to figure out, or an actual puzzle if you have one on hand.
- Tissue: Tissue paper or tissues to deal with a book that’s way too sad and emotionally-scarring.
- Quest: It’s Tolkien Reading Day! What’s your favourite quest in literature?
- Purple: March is Epilepsy Awareness Month, and (in Australia) the 26th is Purple Day. Dress up in purple or share a picture with some purple books to support the cause.
- Symbol: It’s been 10 years since City of Bones was released. Rune it up, or share one of your favourite symbols from another series.
- Traitor: The character who just let everyone down, including you.
- Gadget: If you could have any gadget from any story, what would you choose?
- Tempt: New books, candles, chocolate—whatever tempts you.
- Wrap-up: What books did you read this month?
There we have it! I hope you can join me for the #AmpersandMarch17 challenge and giveaway! Let me know that you’re participating by commenting/reblogging so I can check out your photos!