Welcome to my first photo challenge of 2019! During 2019, my Instagram challenge are undergoing a bit of a change, based on some feedback from the lovely humans who participated in 2018.
Here’s what to expect:
- We’re back to monthly hashtags! Last year, everything was under the #Ampersand2018 hashtag but now it’s back to #AmpersandJan19, #AmpersandFeb19, etc. to break things up a bit.
- Each month will have its own theme, which will help inspire the prompts. HOWEVER, there will still be multiple ways to interpret the prompts even if the overall theme doesn’t take your fancy.
- These monthly blog posts will still be available to help you interpret the challenge prompts if you get stuck. Remember, you don’t have to pay attention to any of the examples—if you’re inspired by something else, go for it!
January’s theme is BOOKSTAGRAM BASICS, which is perfect for any challenge newbies, and also a nice way to ease into the new year for people who’ve been participating in photo challenges since forever.
If you ARE new, don’t forget to check out my tips for conquering a book photo challenge! If you have any questions, feel free to comment below or message me via Instagram. And now for the prompts:
- TBR: Your reading goals for the month, and your overall 2019 reading goals. TBR = to be read.
- Cover: Your favourite book cover.
- Series: Your favourite series.
- Standalone: Your favourite standalone book.
- Genre: Your favourite genre to read.
- #ShelfieSunday: Take a photo of your bookshelves!
- Method: How do you prefer to read? Physical books, ebooks, audiobooks, or a mixture?
- Track: How you keep track of your reading progress, e.g. Goodreads, bullet journal, reading journal, etc.
- Binge-worthy: A series you read in one go.
- Peeves: Your bookish pet peeves, e.g. dog-eared pages, mismatched series, etc.
- #FandomFriday: What’s your favourite bookish fandom?
- Essentials: Things you need with you when reading, or your go-to #bookstagram props.
- #SockSunday: Pop on some cute socks and take a photo with your books.
- Rainbow: Create a rainbow out of various book spines/covers.
- #FlipThatBook: An oldie but a goodie. Take a photo holding a stack of upside-down books, then flip/rotate the photo so it looks like your hand is on top and the books are floating (right-way up) in the air. Click here for examples.
- Anticipation: What 2019 book releases are you looking forward to?
- Auto-buy: An author/genre you always buy.
- New: An author/book/genre that’s new to you, but you’re enjoying.
- #CurrentlyReading: The book you’re reading on this day.
- Review: How do you rate/review books?
- Biggest: The biggest book you own/that is on your TBR.
- #BehindTheScenes: Behind the scenes of your #bookstagram set-up, OR questions you’d like to ask people who have been on this platform for longer.
- Bookmark: Your favourite bookmarks/how your mark your page (crumpled receipts welcome!).
- Rereads: A book/series you keep coming back to.
- #BookishMerch: Your favourite merchandise from/inspired by books.
- #StackSaturday: Stack your books up as high as you can go (without them falling on you!) and take a picture.
- Try: A book or photo style you’ve always wanted to try. Tag your inspiration if it’s from another account!
- #MapMonday: Your favourite bookish maps.
- #BookQuotes: Your favourite quote from a book.
- Haul: The books you bough/borrowed/were gifted this month.
- Wrap-up: What books did you read this month?
I hope you can join me for #AmpersandJan19 on Instagram! Don’t forget to use the hashtag in your posts so I can check out your photos!