My #AmpersandJuly19 photo challenge is here! For those who are new here, welcome. And for those who’ve participated in any of my previous challenges, welcome back!
This month’s theme will be THIS OR THAT! So basically for each prompt you get to choose which option you prefer and take a photo of it.
Remember, you can interpret the prompts however you choose. If you’re inspired by something else, go for it! You can also check out my tips for conquering a book photo challenge here. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below or message me via Instagram. And now for the prompts:
- TBR vs wing it: Do you choose books ahead of time for a monthly TBR (to be read), or do you prefer to choose books as you go?
- Hardback vs paperback: Which format do you prefer?
- Readathon vs read-along: Do you prefer participating in readathons (where you choose your own books based on prompts) or read-alongs (where you read a set book at the same time as other people)?
- Local vs international: Do you read more local or international authors? This can also tie in with Independence Day in the US if you want to feature some of that red, white and blue action in your feed.
- YA vs adult: Do you prefer reading books for the young adult or adult market?
- Audiobook vs podcast: Which do you prefer to listen to?
- Bookstore vs library: Where do you get most of your books?
- Sci-fi vs historical fiction: Which genre do you prefer?
- Bad boy vs cinnamon roll: Which type of love interest do you prefer to see in your books? (Replace “boy” with type of human of your choosing if needed.)
- TBR cart vs TBR shelf: How do you organise your unread books?
- Fiction vs non-fiction: Which do you prefer?
- Simple vs elaborate: What kind of photos do you prefer to take?
- Bookmark vs dog-ear: How do you mark your spot?
- Chaos vs system: How do you organise your shelves? Do you have a system or do you just put books anywhere and hope they fit?
- Candle vs mug: Which bookish merch do you prefer?
- Dark vs light: Do you prefer to keep your theme dark and moody or light and bright?
- Physical vs ebook: Which format do you prefer?
- Classics vs modern: Which do you prefer?
- Deckled vs sprayed: How do you prefer your page edges?
- Before vs after: Share a photo of your space either before or after you finish taking photos.
- Fantasy vs contemporary: Which do you prefer?
- Good vs evil: Which type of character are you drawn to?
- Big vs small: Do you prefer to immerse yourself in big books or race through small books?
- Lowest vs highest rating: Feature either your lowest or highest rated books and get people to pick which category they fall into!
- Dust jacket vs endpaper: Which design are you more excited to see in a new book?
- Standalone vs series: Which do you prefer to read?
- Stack vs spiral: Do you prefer your stacks straight (and maybe more structurally sound) or spiral (and maybe more likely to fall over at a moment’s notice)?
- Shelfie vs socks: Which Sunday photo staple do you prefer?
- New vs secondhand: How do you buy most of your books?
- Wrap-up vs haul: What’s your favourite end-of-month photo to take?
- Happy birthday, Harry! I couldn’t let Harry Potter’s birthday go without dedicating a prompt to it! Try your hand at a fun HP-themed photo for today.
I hope you can join me for #AmpersandJuly19 on Instagram! Don’t forget to use the hashtag in your posts so I can check out your photos!