My #AmpersandAug19 photo challenge is here! For those who are new here, welcome. And for those who’ve participated in any of my previous challenges, welcome back!
This month’s theme will be AWKWARD AUGUST! If you’re anything like me, there are certain books that you just don’t photograph because they’re not quite as pretty as others in your collection. Well, NO MORE. This is a month to celebrate those books.
Remember, you can interpret the prompts however you choose. If you’re inspired by something else, go for it! You can also check out my tips for conquering a book photo challenge here. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below or message me via Instagram. And now for the prompts:
- TBR: What are you planning to read this month?
- I could never reread this: A book you loved the first time but know you wouldn’t be able to reread without losing some of that magic.
- Got too excited: You might’ve bought an entire series before reading the first book, or had a book signed by an author and then realised you don’t like it.
- Incomplete series: Ever bought a book only to realise it’s the second book in a series? Or purchased the first books only to put off buying the rest?
- Underhyped books: Books you think deserve more attention.
- Never featured this book: A book that might appear in the background of your photos but has never had an opportunity to be front and centre.
- Most common rating: How do you rate your books? Are you harsh or lenient?
- How do they do it? If you have any burning questions for other bookstagrammers about how they set up certain photos, now’s the time to ask! Post your attempt and see if you can achieve similar results. Remember to tag the person you were inspired by.
- Mismatched editions: Series with cover changes/different formats/different heights.
- Love Your Bookshop Day: Visit your local bookstore and share what makes it great! Read more here.
- Movie tie-in: Sometimes it’s just unavoidable. You really want to read a book and the only one available has a weird movie tie-in cover with the actors.
- Loved it to pieces: A book you’ve read so many times it’s falling apart.
- I remember nothing: A book you KNOW you’ve read but can’t remember anything about.
- Devices: Bust out your audiobooks and ereaders!
- Recommended by a friend: A book you picked up because your friends kept raving about it … and that you probably still haven’t gotten around to reading.
- Progress: We’re halfway through the month! How are you going with your TBR/reading goals this month?
- Cracked spines & mishaps: Cracked spines, books that fell in the bath, accidental food stains on pages, etc.
- Currently reading: The book you’re reading when you take this photo.
- Faded covers: Cover art that has faded or become a little less vibrant over time.
- Oldest book: The book in your collection that you’ve had for the longest time.
- Messy book stacks: There’s probably at least one in your home.
- Hidden details: Page number details, chapter headings, or hidden imprints under a dust jacket.
- How did we end up here? Try and recreate your first bookstagram photo in your current style.
- Photoshoot aftermath: Show us your photo area!
- Shelfie: Stop, drop and shelfie. Take a picture of your bookshelves but TRYYY not to clean up too much. Just show what they usually look like outside of bookstagram.
- Always putting it off: A book on your TBR that you just keep avoiding.
- Everyone else liked it: A hyped book that didn’t hit the mark for you.
- Can’t let it go: A book you would never be able to unhaul.
- DIY: Feature any bookstagram props you’ve made yourself (good or bad)!
- Liked the sidekick better: It just works out that way sometimes.
- Wrap-up: How did your reading go this month?
I hope you can join me for #AmpersandAug19 on Instagram! Don’t forget to use the hashtag in your posts so I can check out your photos!