My #AmpersandJan20 photo challenge is here! For those who are new here, welcome. And for those who’ve participated in any of my previous challenges, welcome back!
This month’s challenge is about a lot of firsts, some favourites, and some bookstagram staples.
Remember, you can interpret the prompts however you choose. If you’re inspired by something else, go for it! You can also check out my tips for conquering a book photo challenge here. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below or message me via Instagram. And now for the prompts:
- TBR: What books are you planning to read this month/this year?
- First book of 2020: What is/will be your first read of the year?
- #FandomFriday: Celebrate your favourite fandom.
- Goals for 2020: Bookish or non-bookish—what are you working towards this year?
- Need to start: A book or other task you need to get stuck into.
- First book on your shelves: The first book on your bookshelves, OR close your eyes and pick the first book your hand lands on.
- Reading habits: What are some of the ways you like to read?
- #BookAndDrink: Cosy up with a book and a beverage.
- First book you recommend: Your go-to recommendation whenever someone wants to try something new.
- Intimidating: A book or task that you’re scared (but also kind of excited) to tackle this year.
- #CurrentlyReading: The book you’re reading either at the time you take this photo or on this particular day.
- Standalone: Your favourite standalone book.
- #MapMonday: Your favourite bookish map(s).
- Colourful: Bust out those bookish rainbows and beautiful covers!
- Need to try: A genre or reading format you’d like to try this year.
- First line: Your favourite/the most memorable first line.
- Other than books: What are your hobbies other than reading and bookstagram? What else takes your fancy?
- #StackSaturday: Stack up those books for a photo!
- First book you owned: The first book you bought for yourself, OR that you remember owning/being gifted.
- Behind the scenes: Show a little bit of your bookstagram process behind the scenes.
- One-word title: A book with a single word for a title.
- #BookQuotes: Your favourite bookish quotes.
- Makes you happy: A book/character/plot/item/person/pet/thing that makes you happy.
- First auto-buy author: The first author whose books you just HAD to have.
- Need to finish: A book or other task you want to finish this year.
- #ShelfieSunday: Take a picture of your bookshelf!
- First book in a series: Your favourite series openers.
- Favourite reading format: Paperback/hardback/audio/ebook, etc.
- Anticipated releases: New books/book adaptations you’re looking forward to this year.
- Focus: Your main focus of the year OR play with physical focus in your photo.
- Wrap-up: How did your reading go this month?
I hope you can join me for #AmpersandJan20 on Instagram! Don’t forget to use the hashtag in your posts so I can check out your photos!